Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Hazards of Friendship with Persons of Opposite Sex



I was devastated. I had lost track of my life. I was entangled in the legal proceedings of a bitter divorce case. I, who was the last person on earth to believe that my relationship can end on such a bitter note, was witnessing my own marriage to crumble like a house of cards. Probably I was a fool - a fool living in a fool's paradise who hoped against hope that the house of cards can survive every storm. Back then, I had become an embittered individual who was afraid to even to talk to friends, who all seemed happy and content with their lives.

At this junction of my life, I met him. Or rather, I became his friend because we never actually 'met'. It was a virtual friendship which is in vogue these days. I normally never accept friend requests from random strangers in Facebook. So this friendship blossomed in Goodreads. I am a born bibliophile and what can be a better place for me to spend my precious time than Goodreads. I was and am an active user of Goodreads. Very few persons in my friend circle use Goodreads, or read book to be precise. So  in Goodreads, I connect with some like-minded strangers who actually love to read just like me. He was one of them.

To read the full story, click here.

Header image is a still from the movie Qarib Qarib Singlle

This post titled When I Discovered The Hazards Of Online 'Fraandship' With Strangers Of The Opposite Sex  has been published on Women’s Web as a Featured Post. Featured Posts are a careful selection of highly relevant and interesting posts picked by the editors of Women's Web each day.

© 2018. Swagata Tarafdar. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment