Friday, December 25, 2015

Revisiting the Golden Days: A Write-up on my school


"Ye daulat bhii le lo, ye shoharat bhii le lo
Bhale chhiin lo mujhase merii javaanii
Magar mujhako lautaa do bachapan kaa saavan
Vo kaagaz kii kashtii, vo baarish kaa paanii....."

So goes a popular song of Jagjit Singh. Indeed, we all want to go back to our childhood days. Yesterday was the reunion of my school. Though I didn't attend the reunion, I saw so many photos of the reunion in Facebook page of our school's alumni association. It made me feel so nostalgic yesterday night to see the old school building, my beloved teachers once again, thanks to Facebook. Memories swamp over me.... Writing admission test for getting admitted in Class 5, the big classroom of Section A, Class 5, me sitting in the last bench, sharing lunch with friends, getting angry over some squabble with them, playing in the school playground with them..... me giggling over some silly jokes in the big, airy, 2nd floor classroom of Section A, Class 6, standing over the bench holding ears with all my classmates for talking loudly in the class..... the big tree on the school entrance..... the wicked gate-keeper of the school with stretched ears, thats why we called him 'Lambokorno'..... writing exams, trying to draw perfectly those Geometrical figures..... wearing a saree for the first time in Class 9.... borrowing my mother's pink saree to wear in the school's Saraswati Puja..... making measurements in the Physics lab, breaking a test-tube in the Chemistry lab and the teacher's reproach..... that frog dissection in the Biology lab which gave me vomiting..... I entered there on the verge of adolescence and left it on the edge of adulthood..... Meanwhile, it occupies all the 8 years of my adolescence..... Memories that seems to be from a previous birth (do I have any?)..... eyes glisten even today as I think of my alma mater..... Life was so simple as can never be again..... Thanks to Gramya Hitakari Alumni Association..... Keep up the good work, girls (we will never grow up to become women in our teachers eyes, I guess)..... Miss my school, my friends, my teachers..... I am what I am today because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment