Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Birthday Note

Rising in the crest and falling in the trough,
The road of my life never smooth, but rough.
Ups and downs, highs and lows,
With each passing day, my wisdom grows.
Learning now to go with the tide,
And to enjoy a life that has been a roller-coaster ride.
Special thanks to my friends for not giving up -
Even when I failed to act like a grown-up.
Each birthday is a reminder of how far I have come -
Even when I choose to live life on my own term.


© 2018. Swagata Tarafdar. All rights reserved.

I wrote this poem on the occasion of my 34th birthday, which falls on 16th May, 2018. Originally I wrote this poem in Facebook to thank my friends for their unwavering support during the rough patch of my life. Many of my friends appreciated this poem when I wrote this on Facebook. So I am publishing it on my blog today for the world to read. Please share your valuable feedback in the comment section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment