Saturday, August 4, 2018

The Chessboard

My army now confronts your horse,
Putting your King's life in jeopardy-
On the black-and-white chessboard of life.
One wrong move,
And you lose the game.
I gaze into those black eyes of yours,
And I fail again to figure out my next right move.


© 2018. Swagata Tarafdar. All rights reserved.


Bengaluru Poetry Festival is a celebration of all things poetry. The third edition of Bengaluru Poetry Festival is on 4th and 5th of August 2018, at the Leela Palace Bengaluru. Women's Web hosted a poetry contest in association with Bengaluru Poetry Festival. The prompt was to write a poem in 7 lines or under with the picture prompt given below. This poem was among 3 winning entries. I won a copy of the Nine Indian Woman Poets: An Anthology by De Souze Eunice.

No comments:

Post a Comment