Saturday, February 13, 2016

My January In Review

Finally. the first month of the year is over. Though this year we got a mostly warm January, yet it's the best time of the year in a tropical country like ours. I particularly like when people gift me diaries and pens to mark the beginning of a brand new year. And this year, I got quite a few of them.


January is the month when I had a hair-cut and did a new hair style. There was a republic sale on most online shopping sites and I bought quite a few dresses for myself. We had a picnic from office and had a sumptuous menu. On the last day of the first month, I visited zoo after a long time with my son. And yes, I watched 'Baahubali' (Hindi) and loved it. Now I am eagerly waiting for the second part of the film.

But apart from all that, what made this January especially special is the fact that for the first time in life, I tried my hand at short story writing. I wrote for the 'Write India' contest organized by the Times of India. The author of January was Ravinder Singh and I wrote a love story. The process was really painful, for I had to think, to do a bit of research and finally come up with what can be called a story. I submitted it on the last day of the contest and thank god, it was submitted. I don't know how it went, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for this first attempt at writing fiction.

Adieu January! February is really hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment