Sunday, August 14, 2016

Review: Custody

Custody Custody by Manju Kapur
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Recently, there was a news article in The Times of India regarding fighting of a divorced couple over the custody of their children. Such things have now become commonplace, with increasing number of broken marriages. How the children suffer in broken marriages? How they cope up with the fact of separation of their parents? These questions intrigued me, as I read the newspaper article. It was then that I decided to read this book.

The author, Manju Kapur, has dealt with a very sensitive subject deftly in this book. The emotional trauma of the couples undergoing separation, the tribulations of the children, all are portrayed very convincingly. I particularly loved the end, where a woman, who is not the birth mother of a child, emerges victorious by getting custody of the child. Indeed, parenthood is not just about giving birth to a child, it's about all the love and care that qualify a person to be a parent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment