Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Honeymooning Couple

"Leaning into the afternoons I cast my sad nets
Towards your oceanic eyes.

There in the highest blaze my solitude lengthens and flames,
its arms turning like a drowning man's.

I send out red signals across your absent eyes
that move like the sea near a lighthouse."
----- Pablo Neruda

Sun. Sea. Sand. And Romance. Romance was in the spangled sands of the beach. Romance was in the waves of the sea that touched the sea-shore gently. As gentle as your fingers fondling with my body. It was our honeymoon afterall. Like all newly wed couple, we were like two intoxicated lovers lost in each other in that small sea-side town. Fingers entwined. The diamond ring in your ring-finger happily proclaiming your 'just married' status. The bright red sindoor in the parting of my hair coyly displaying my 'just married' status. Sankha and Pala adorning both my arms. Both of us standing in a lone beach under an overcast sky. Your promise to be with me through all the ups and downs of this life and through seven consecutive lives. 

However, promises are just like that house made of sand on the sea-beach. A wave comes and the house crumbles down. You failed to deliver your promise. I failed to live upto your expectation. Our house of sand failed to sustain for even seven years, leave alone seven lifetimes. 

You loved sea. So did I. I don't know whether you still visit seasides. I rarely do these days. Seas make me remember you. Our honeymoon. Our failed marriage. Time goes on flowing like sands in between fingers. We grow in wisdom. But the sea is still young. Madly, foolishly in love with the sea-shore. The waves still touch the sea-shore gently.

"Leaning into the afternoons I fling my sad nets
to the sea that beats on your marine eyes.

The birds of night peck at the first stars
that flash like my soul when I love you

The night gallops on its shadowy mare
shedding blue tassels over the land."



Write Tribe Festival Of Words June 2018
#writebravely
#Day4
For day four, I chose the following image prompt:
Day 4 – Jun 27

No comments:

Post a Comment